How to edit .mxf video on Adobe Premiere Pro
Like other wrapper format, MXF file is the container format (like AVI) for the exchange of program material between servers, tap streamers and to digital archives, mainly used in the chain of media production, editing, distribution and storage. Video captured through Panasonic DVCPRO P2, Sony XDCAM and Canon XF is of mxf video file format. It is used by more and more professional camcorders like Sony XDCAM, Panasonic P2 502, HVX200 and Canon XF300/XF305 to store video, audio, and programmed data.
Most of the video editing software support mxf video file format but there are some that doesn’t support it like Adobe Premiere Pro. To handle with the limitation you need to convert the mxf video file to the format which is supported by that video editing software. For that you need to use the professional MXF converter that can easily convert .mxf video to avi, mpg, vob, mov, mpg2 etc or any other popular video file format.
Although Adobe claims that its Premiere Pro supports MXF format, the Panasonic AG-HPX250 P2 HD MXF file is not well compatible with the Adobe Premiere Pro. We should convert MXF file to Adobe Premiere Pro MPEG-2 for better editing.
Use the converter application for converting the video.
Steps to convert the video –
- Step 1 – Install and launch the software.
- Step 2 –Add the video which you want to convert.
- Step 3– Choose the output video file format in which you want like wmv, mpg etc.
- Step 4 – Adjust the output video by cropping, trimming video file. Also adjust video volume, brightness, saturation etc.
- Step 5 – Click on the convert button to start conversion.
These simple steps are required to convert the video format which is supported by Adobe Premiere.